Together with ViiV Healthcare, Yonsei University and Severance Hospital in Seoul, South Korea, are using PozQoL in their research with people living with HIV (PLHIV).
Their study looks at cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for PLHIV:
- delivered by nurses and
- focusing on treatment adherence and depression.
They hope to demonstrate that such therapy:
- is effective and acceptable,
- helps decrease symptoms of depression,
- improves quality of life,
- decreases the impact of stigma, and
- improves adherence to HIV treatment.
PozQoL is one of the outcome measures used in the study.
Dr. Duncan Short delivered an update on some of the study’s early findings at the AIDS2020 Conference.