PozQoL is the most commonly used quality of life scale by organisations in Australia that provide services to people with HIV.
The PozQoL Scale is the HRQoL scale of choice, used and recommended by Australia’s national and state-based peer-led HIV organisations. PozQoL is also used to measure HRQoL in the HIV Futures Study — a study that informs the Australian National HIV Strategy.
- Evaluate the impact of community and peer HIV programs, such as:
- peer-led workshops for people newly diagnosed with HIV
- peer-led retreats for PLHIV
- peer navigator programs
- Improve the quality of social and welfare support programs
- Improve decision making in case management and clinical settings
Some organisations that currently use or recommend using PozQoL include:
- PLHIV peer-led organisations
- AIDS Councils
- Thorne Harbour Health
- Western Australian AIDS Council
- Non-peer organisations
- Bobby Goldsmith Foundation
Research using PozQoL:
- HIV Futures, Australian Research Centre for Sex, Health and Society
- RISE Study, Kirby Institute
Using PozQoL in Australia? Let us know!
We love hearing about how others are using PozQoL. So if you are using (or thinking about using) PozQoL, please don’t hesitate get in touch.
We welcome and appreciate all your feedback. Providing feedback helps us better understand how we can improve the PozQoL scale, tools, and website.
Thinking about using PozQoL?
We are happy to collaborate or provide advice. We may also be able to put you in touch with others who are using PozQoL in a similar way.
Already using or used PozQoL?
It would be great to include a post about your experiences in our PozQoL Stories. If this is something that interests you, please get in touch.
Are you a researcher?
We encourage you to use PozQoL to research quality of life and experiences of people with HIV.
We are especially keen to hear from you if you work in languages, cultures, contexts, or settings not included in the PozQoL Project studies.
If you are in a position to do so, we also encourage you to consider conducting further validation or implementation trials.