Information for clinicians
Image from ViiV Healthcare and Shutterstock’s HIV in View collection
Using PozQoL for clinicians
If you’re new to PozQoL, this is a good place to start. Information includes:
- What is PozQoL
- Why use PozQoL
This information was prepared in consultation with clinicians who have already used PozQoL in their own work:
- Why use PozQoL in clinical services
- Tips for clinicians using PozQoL
- Overcoming time and logistical restraints
- What to do if a patient presents with a PozQoL Scale
Benefits of measuring quality of life
- Why measure quality of life among people living with HIV
- Measuring health-related quality of life
- HIV-specific health-related quality of life domains
- Using PozQoL to measuring health-related quality of life among people living with HIV
- Why use quality of life measures
- HIV outcomes
- ‘Beyond Viral Suppression’ — A global movement to shift focus towards quality of life
- Patient-reported outcome measures and HIV care quality
- Person-centred values in HIV care
Other quick links
PozQoL Stories from clinical settings
The following ‘PozQoL Stories’ describe real-life examples of PozQoL being used in clinical settings around the world.
Help! My patient has presented with a PozQoL scale and I don’t know what to do
PozQoL is a short, validated quality of life survey for people living with HIV.
If your patient does not need urgent support, it may be a good idea to make a follow-up appointment to give yourself time to familiarise yourself with understanding the scale and working with PozQoL scores.
However, if your patient urgently needs to address their concerns at the time, the following steps may be helpful.
If your patient has presented with a completed survey but without calculated PozQoL scores:
- Calculate PozQoL scores using the PozQoL calculator for individuals (Microsoft Excel file) OR ViiV’s online tool
- Use the PozQoL Score Thresholds tables to understand what the PozQoL Scores mean
- Check the Using PozQoL Scores table for some suggested actions and referral options
If your patient has presented with PozQoL scores already calculated: