Using PozQoL in research
On this page:
This page contains information for researchers who are interested in using PozQoL for research involving people living with HIV:
- Why use PozQoL in research
- How to use PozQoL in research
- Conducting further PozQoL validation or implementation trials
You may also be interested in:
Why use PozQoL in research
We encourage you to use PozQoL to research quality of life and experiences of people with HIV.
Researchers who have used PozQoL in their practice found that it:
- Supported the reporting of changes in quality of life over time
- Allowed them to incorporate quality of life measures into larger questionnaires for people living with HIV
- Reduced the length of their questionnaires in some circumstances
- Enabled community and clinical services also using PozQoL to compare their own client groups to populations in larger studies
How to use PozQoL for research
PozQoL can be used to complement other measures. For example, it could be used alongside other measures such as stigma, resilience, health and community service access, treatment adherence, and peer support.
Conducting further PozQoL validation or implementation trials
If you are in a position to do so, we also encourage you to consider conducting further:
- Validation studies — The English version of PozQoL was validated in 2017-2018. The study sample included 465 adult Australians living with HIV.
- Usability and/or sensitivity studies — The English version of PozQoL was trialled in 2018-2019. The trial took place in Australian community and clinical services.
- Implementation studies
We are particularly keen to improve our understanding of the validity, sensitivity, and usability of PozQoL outside of an Australian context and/or in languages other an English.
We would be happy to collaborate if you would like us involved. You can also talk to us about sharing your research findings here on the PozQoL Website.
Already using PozQoL in your research? Let us know!
We love hearing about how others are using PozQoL. So if you are using (or thinking about using) PozQoL, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We welcome and appreciate all your feedback. Providing feedback helps us better understand how we can improve the PozQoL scale, tools, and website.
Thinking about using PozQoL?
We are happy to collaborate if you would like us involved. We may also be able to put you in touch with others who are using PozQoL in a similar way.
Already using or used PozQoL?
It would be great to include a post about your experiences and findings in our PozQoL Stories. If this is something that interests you, please get in touch.
Header image from ViiV Healthcare and Shutterstock’s HIV in View collection